Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn are extremely popular these days but how do you leverage them to attract visitors to your business or website?
First, you have to realize that traditional sales techniques are not effective on social media sites.
If you blatantly advertise with posts on social media sites, it can often backfire and cause more harm than good.
Contact us and let us show you how to use social media correctly.
Social Media Marketing Tips
- You need to establish a reason why people should care about your company. I think this a great place to start as it helps every aspect of your business.
- Take care of your website first, social assets second. Many people spend huge amounts of time and money to grow their Facebook (and other social network accounts) presence when they really should be growing their website's user base first. At the end of the day no one can tell you to take down your website, but Facebook could change or remove anything they want.
- Make sharing easy. Create the ability for users to help promote your company. People will advertise for free for you if you do things right.
- If you're going to use Facebook or a blog, use it properly. Don't just create an account with little or no content. Old content can be even worse. If you don't have the time to devote to the care and feeding of these features, don't implement tghem.
- If you have an established Facebook account get a user name. If a visior hears about you from a friend or through a social network, make it easy for them to look you up.
- Read and respond to what people are saying. If you're just getting started in social media it is more than likely you don't have an overwhelming number of mentions to read through.
- Setup a goals and marketing timeline strategy. Nothing will happen unless you are pro-active. Take action on your goals every day and reap the benefits. Keep the activity flowing with content marketing efforts. If you don't commit yourself to it you will find it very easy to become lazy and let things slide. Being diligent and adhering to a schedule can really make a difference.
- Consider additional tactics as much as possible while focusing on your goals and accomplishing milestones. Don't just promote for the sake of doing so, develop a method for success.
- Don't put all your apples in Google's basket. Optimize search efforts and make sure people can find you on the many different places they might look. Google Search, Yahoo Search, Bing, Facebook Search, YouTube Search etc.
- Video can be very effective. It allows you to convey your message in a literal sense that can make an impression on your audience. Video camcorders are tiny and inexpensive. Some can upload directly to YouTube which ranks very high for video searches.
- Locate and sponsor meetups through MeetUp.com. Give away exclusive offerings to those who show up. Did you know you can sponsor meetups in specific areas targeting specific interests? Take advantage of the opportunity to network and promote your online marketing campaign.