Essential Online Marketing Tools for Business Owners
Resources and tools for Internet Marketing
Note: some of the links below are my affiliate links. I have used or currently use all of these products and recommend them.
WordPress is my preferred content management system and the easiest to manage by our clients.”Themes” are what give each website it’s unique “look and feel” and there are a lot available. The trick is finding a theme provider that is both high quality, provides great tech support and viually appealing. I have used (for 6 years) and highly recommend Studiopress Genesis themes. Get your new Genesis WordPress theme here.
At Alpine Web Media, we provide our own managed web hosting plans. If you would prefer to manage your own web hosting, I have used Hostgator in the past for several of my clients and it worked quite well. Blue Host is also a great, inexpensive web hosting solution as well.
Speech to Text Conversion
Blogging and content creation are essential components for successful search engine optimization and ranking. If you’re struggling to write an article, why not save time and dictate it? We have prepared a special online course, “How to Convert Speech to Text“, for just $0.99 to view, plus you get 3 months of unlimited access to many other great online courses as well.
E-mail Lists and Autoresponders:
- I use Aweber for my e-mail marketing, which is pretty much the industry standard. Lately, I’ve been looking into Get Response which does seem a bit easier to use though.
- ConvertKit is a relative newcomer but is getting glowing reviews
- With Google’s free Keyword Planner now throttled to provide only averages, you will need a much more accurate keyword tool. I now use and recommend SEMRush for both keyword and competitive analysis reports.
- I have to manage a TON of passwords for both myself and my clients. RoboForm is a great password manager that I’ve been happily using for the past 3 years.
Inexpensive Video Production
- For generating small presentation web videos, I use VideoMakerFX. It works quick and easy and comes with the option for a subscription to additional ProThemes, and additional themes.
- For online shopping carts I prefer Ecwid for smaller sites and for larger 3DCart Shopping Cart Software e-commerce sites.
Social Media Tools:
- For managing multiple social media campaigns, I find that HootSuite is a must!
- Anything I can automate and make things easier is a big plus. FPTraffic is a must for automating Facebook posts and increasing Likes.
- Snip.ly is a great tool for social media sharing. When you share an article or page, etc. it automatically places a small banner at the bottom of the page to attract visitors to your website.
Other useful resources:
- For managing content and re-writing text for blog articles, etc. you can’t beat The Best Spinner, which is certainly an appropriate title!